Cancer Research Retreat
Thursday, June 13, 2013
McGlothlin Medical Education Center, Learning Theatre
8:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Please join VCU Massey Cancer Center for its 2013 Cancer Research Retreat featuring a special lecture by Timothy Ley, M.D., presentations of new research from Massey’s five research programs and a poster session with awards for “Excellence in Cancer Research.” All VCU researchers are invited to submit abstracts for the poster session of any work relating to cancer. To be eligible for an award, the poster must be presented by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow.
- A special lecture by Timothy Ley, M.D., Lewis T. and Rosalind B. Apple Chair in Oncology, professor of medicine and genetics, director of the Section of Stem Cell Biology and associate director of cancer genomics at The Genome Institute, on "The AML Genome"
- Poster session and awards for "Excellence in Cancer Research"
(View the abstract submission guidelines and form)
- Presentations of new research from Massey's five research programs
Abstract submission guidelines for poster session
- The abstract submission form must be used to submit abstracts for participation in the poster session.
- Forms must be submitted by email to Julie Schaum at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2013.
- Abstracts must fit within the space on the abstract form when typed in size 10 font.
- Research will be presented in a poster format (4’ X 6’).
- Three posters will be selected on the day of the Retreat to receive “Excellence in Cancer Research” awards: $250 for first place, $200 for second place and $150 for third place. To be eligible for an award, the poster must be presented by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow. The student or fellow should be listed as the first author on the poster and should have contributed substantially to the work presented. At the time of the abstract submission, please indicate if the poster will meet these criteria.