What are gynecologic cancers?
At Massey’s Gynecologic Oncology Clinic, you will find board-certified gynecologic oncologists who are uniquely trained to diagnose cancers, perform surgery, administer radiation and provide follow-up treatment. With these highly qualified individuals, your care is closely managed.
- Multi-specialty consultation in one place at one time.
- Rapid diagnosis and evaluation. State-of-the-art treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Follow-up care after initial treatment.
- Opportunity to enroll in clinical trials of new and promising treatments.
- Application of other advanced technologies that are only available at major academic medical centers.
- Patient Resource Library and nurse coordinator — patients and families learn about tumors and their treatment.
- The skills of rehabilitation medicine specialists, physical and occupational therapists, and home health caregivers.
When we refer to gynecologic cancer, we include the following types of cancer: