How much do you know about clinical trials?
Put your knowledge to the test by taking this short quiz by Virginia's leader in cancer clinical research, VCU Massey Cancer Center.
True or False:
- Clinical trials are a last resort for patients with a grim prognosis.
- VCU Massey Cancer Center patients only have access to clinical trials conducted by Massey's researchers.
- By participating in a trial, patients risk not getting any real treatment - they may just get a placebo.
- People may be able to take part in a clinical trial at Massey even if they don't have cancer.
- Treatment under a clinical trial costs more than standard treatment and is not covered by insurance.
YOUR SCORE: 0 OUT OF 5 CORRECT
Find out more information on clinical trials, including a list of all trials currently available at VCU Massey Cancer Center, by visiting www.massey.vcu.edu/trials or calling 804-628-1939.
Today's trials are tomorrow's treatments