Community Memorial Healthcenter
Community Memorial Healthcenter (CMH) is a community-owned nonprofit hospital in South Hill that serves the south-central region of Virginia and portions of northern North Carolina. In July 2012, VCU Massey Cancer Center began providing medical oncology care at CMH.
- Tzann T. Fang (pronounced “Fong”), M.D., of Massey serves as medical director of CMH Cancer and Specialty Care. He is dedicated solely to oncology services at CMH and practices there full time. With the assistance of nurse practitioner Haidee Waters, Ph.D., ANP, and in collaboration with other specialists at Massey, patients are seen in the CMH clinic five days a week.
- Through the Massey-CMH partnership, Massey brings CMH cancer patients the benefits of a nationally recognized, NCI-designated cancer center with top-notch cancer specialists, highly coordinated care and tailored treatment plans.
- Many of Massey’s clinical trials will open at CMH in fall 2012, offering CMH cancer patients added and advanced treatment options.
- Massey is also working to bring radiation therapy to CMH in the summer of 2013. The Solari Radiation Therapy Center is currently under construction and will be the first and only radiation treatment facility in the Southern Virginia area. By utilizing Massey for both medical and radiation oncology services, CMH can provide the region with complete, comprehensive cancer care through one affiliate partnership.
- As Virginia’s premier cancer resource, Massey is involved in the Southern Virginia community, offering free health education seminars, cancer prevention programs and screening initiatives to help ease the burden of cancer needs in the area.
For appointments or referrals, please call (434) 774-2417. For more information, including directions, maps and parking, visit cmh-sh.org.
The CMH Cancer and Specialty Care clinic is located at the Hendrick Cancer & Rehab Center at 750 Lombardy Street in South Hill, Virginia. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.