Community Memorial Healthcenter
Community Memorial Healthcenter (CMH) is a community-owned nonprofit hospital in South Hill that serves the south-central region of Virginia and portions of northern North Carolina. VCU Massey Cancer Center is partnered with CMH to provide their medical oncology and radiation oncology care. Massey medical oncology services began at CMH in July 2012, and Massey radiation oncology services began there in July 2013.
- Tzann T. Fang (pronounced “Fong”), M.D., of Massey serves as medical director of CMH Cancer and Specialty Care. He is dedicated solely to oncology services at CMH and practices there full time.
- Paul G. Goetowski, M.D., (known as "Dr. G.") of Massey serves as the director of radiation oncology at CMH Cancer and Specialty Care. Like Dr. Fang, he too serves full time at CMH.
- Through the Massey-CMH partnership, Massey brings CMH cancer patients the benefits of a nationally recognized cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institute, with top-notch cancer specialists, highly coordinated care and tailored treatment plans.
- A variety of Massey’s clinical trials are available at CMH, offering CMH cancer patients added and advanced treatment options.
- Massey-CMH operate the first and only radiation treatment facility in the Southern Virginia area, the Solari Radiation Therapy Center. By offering both medical and radiation oncology services, Massey-CMH can provide the most cancer treatment options in the region and conveniently deliver this first-rate cancer care.
- Compassionate care is a hallmark of the Massey-CMH medical team. Through respectful, attentive and personalized care, they build "healing relationships" with patients that help reduce suffering and death from cancer.
- Massey-CMH provides the following clinical services:
- Multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment planning
- Care of all adult cancers, including complex and rare cancers, and blood disorders
- Clinical trials
- Medical oncology and hematology treatment
- Hormone therapy
- Other infusions, medications and targeted agents
- Palliative care (quality of life care, pain and symptom management)
- Radiation oncology treatment
- Varian Clinac linear accelerator
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Nutritional counseling
- Genetic counseling and cancer risk assessment (through telemedicine)
- Social services
- Pastoral care (spritual support)
- Pharmacy services
- Home health and hospice care
- Patient education
As Virginia’s premier cancer resource, Massey is also involved in the Southern Virginia community, offering free health education seminars, cancer prevention programs and screening initiatives to help ease the burden of cancer needs in the area.
For appointments or referrals, please call (434) 774-2417 for medical oncology and (434) 774-2481 for radiation oncology. For more information, including directions, maps and parking, visit cmh-sh.org.
CMH Cancer and Specialty Care is provided in the Hendrick Cancer & Rehab Center and in the Solari Radiation Therapy Center at 750 Lombardy Street in South Hill, Virginia. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.