Administration and business services
The goal of the administrative and business services team at VCU Massey Cancer Center is to provide outstanding administrative management, fiscal oversight and business services that support Massey Director Dr. Gordon Ginder and the Center’s associate directors, research program leaders, shared resource directors and research members and their teams in achieving our overall research mission.
The administrative team provides the following services:
- Analytic services: providing information about available data and advising how that data may be used to answer research, operational and administrative questions
- Building operations: managing facilities, shared equipment and space and equipment inventory
- Finance and procurement: accounting, purchasing and financial reporting
- Communications and public relations: developing and executing integrated internal and external mass communications, public relations, marketing and branding
- General administration: providing general administrative support for the Director and senior leaders; administering personnel and faculty recruitment; and planning leadership meetings, research seminars, scientific retreats and poster sessions
- Research administration: providing pre-award research administration assistance, proposal development, post award administration, research budgeting and accounting services; managing research membership and maintaining membership records; developing research protocols; preparing scientific manuscripts; and overseeing shared resources
- Information technology: implementing, maintaining, upgrading and supporting information technology
The administrative and business services team is led by:
- Donna Berrier, M.P.A.
Chief administrative officer, associate director for administration and finance