American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants
The American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants (ACS-IRG) are awarded to junior faculty to pursue basic, pre-clinical, clinical and cancer-control research studies. These grants are intended for new investigators who are within six years of their first academic appointment.
Questions and the completed application package should be directed to:
VCU Massey Cancer Center
P.O. Box 980037
Richmond, VA 23298-0037
Phone: (804) 628-3420
Fax: (804) 827-0810
ACS IRGs recently awarded at Massey:
The following researchers at VCU Massey Cancer Center have been awarded institutional research grants in the past.
- Joseph W. Landry, Ph.D. - "Structural Studies on the Chromatin Remodeling Complex NURF"
- Qinglian Liu, Ph.D. - "Structural and functional studes of Hsp70 molecular chaperones"
- David C. Wheeler, M.P.H., Ph.D. - "Development and assessment of statistical models of spatial-temporal cancer risk"
- Keith C. Ellis, Ph.D. - "Development of Selective Inhibitors of AGC Subfamily Kinases"
- Rebecca L. Heise, Ph.D. - "Primary Cilia Mechanical Signaling in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer"
- Christopher Lemmon, Ph.D. - "Fibronectin Mechanics and Signaling in the Tumor Microenvironment"
- Zhenjun Lou, Ph.D. - "Molecular Expression for Regulation of Gene Expression by Telomeres"
- Vasily Yakovlev, M.D., Ph.D. - "Chronic Inflammatory Levels of ROS/RNS Initiate Genetic Instability by Downregulation of BRCA1 Expression"
- Zhibing Zhang, M.D., Ph.D. - "Sperm-Associated Antigen 6 in Ovarian Cancer"