Cancer Research Retreat
Friday, May 23, 2014
8:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Seminars: VCU Molecular Medicine Research Building, rooms 1009/1011
Poster Session: VCU McGlothlin Medical Education Center, floors 11 and 12
Please join VCU Massey Cancer Center for its 2014 Cancer Research Retreat featuring keynote lectures by William Hahn, M.D., Ph.D., and Deborah Schrag, M.D., M.P.H., from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; presentations by Massey research members Iain M. Morgan, Ph.D., Barbara D. Boyan, Ph.D., and Shin-Ping Tu, M.D., M.P.H.; and a poster session and awards for “Excellence in Cancer Research” (abstract submission guidelines below).
Abstract submission guidelines for poster session:
- The abstract submission form must be used to submit abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted by email to Courtney Culbreth at email@example.com by May 5, 2014.
- Abstracts must fit within the space on the abstract form when typed in size 10 font.
- Research will be presented in a poster format (4'x6').
- Three posters will be selected on the day of the Retreat to receive "Excellence in Cancer Research" awards: $250 for second place and $150 for third place.
- To be eligible for an award, the poster must be presented by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow. The student or fellow should be listed as the first author on the poster and should have contributed substantially to the work presented. At the time of the abstract submission, please indicate if the poster will meet these criteria.