About electronic cigarettes and vaping
Ready to quit tobacco use?
Email email@example.com to get help.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of false information about electronic cigarettes and vaping. Here are the facts.
- E-cigarettes go by many names such as e-cigs, e-hookahs, vapes and vape pens.
- E-cigarettes are not harmless. E-cigarettes contain nicotine, which is highly addictive.
- The vapor that e-cigarettes produce is not only water vapor. The vapor that e-cigarettes produce contains thousands of harmful chemicals and heavy metals, including lead and cancer-causing agents harmful to your lungs.
- E-cigarettes are new products so there’s still more research that needs to be done to find out about how e-cigarettes affect health.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved e-cigarettes as a device that can help you quit smoking.
- There are available, FDA-approved quitting methods that can help you safely and successfully quit smoking. Unlike e-cigarettes, which are banned from many public places, you can use FDA-approved quitting aids anywhere, even at the hospital.