American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants
The American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grants (ACS-IRG) are awarded to junior faculty to pursue basic, pre-clinical, clinical and cancer-control research studies. These grants are intended for new investigators who are within six years of their first academic appointment.
Upcoming Process & Due Dates:
Request for Applications (RFA)
Final Applications DUE
Interested researchers or for assistance accessing related program information, please contact:
Olivia Patterson, MAOL
Research Programs Coordinator
VCU Massey Cancer Center
Phone: (804) 628-3400
Recently Awarded ACS-IRGs at VCU Massey Cancer Center:
- Victor Yazbeck, M.D. - "Developing Animal Models for Indolent Lymphomas"
- Paula Bos, Ph.D. - "Investigating IFN-γ dependency on the antitumor effects of regulatory T cell ablation"
- Renfeng Li, Ph.D. - "The role of SAMHD1 in EBV lytic replication"
- Senthil Radhakrishnan, Ph.D. - "Targeting SWI/SNF complex to improve efficacy of proteasome inhibitor therapy"
- Mikhail Dozmorov, Ph.D." - Development of Joint Normalization Method to Compare Cancer and Normal 3D Genomic Structures"
- Taeho Kim, Ph.D. - "Development of clinicial 4D MRI procedure and application for precise cancer radiotherapy"
- Rong Huang, Ph.D. - "Protein N-terminal Methyltransferase 1 in Colorectal Cancer"
- Yue Sun, Ph.D - "A Novel Pathway Regulating the Sensitivity of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinomas to Anti-EGFR Therapy”
- Anthony C. Faber, Ph.D. - "EMT-mediated resistance to EGFR inhibitors through BIM suppression"
- Daniel E. Conway, Ph.D. - "Measurement of E-cadherin Mechanical Tensions During EMT-Induced Junction Disassembly"
- Zheng Fu, Ph.D. - "Role of Polo-like Kinase 1 in Regulations of the Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition and Invasion in Prostate Cancer"
- Larisa Litovchick, MD, Ph.D. - The Role of DYRK1A in Regulation of the TSC Tumor Suppressor Pathway"
- Joseph W. Landry, Ph.D. - "Structural Studies on the Chromatin Remodeling Complex NURF"
- Qinglian Liu, Ph.D. - "Structural and functional studies of Hsp70 molecular chaperones"
- David C. Wheeler, M.P.H., Ph.D. - "Development and assessment of statistical models of spatial-temporal cancer risk"
- Keith C. Ellis, Ph.D. - "Development of Selective Inhibitors of AGC Subfamily Kinases"
- Rebecca L. Heise, Ph.D. - "Primary Cilia Mechanical Signaling in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer"
- Christopher Lemmon, Ph.D. - "Fibronectin Mechanics and Signaling in the Tumor Microenvironment"
- Zhenjun Lou, Ph.D. - "Molecular Expression for Regulation of Gene Expression by Telomeres"
- Vasily Yakovlev, M.D., Ph.D. - "Chronic Inflammatory Levels of ROS/RNS Initiate Genetic Instability by Downregulation of BRCA1 Expression"
- Zhibing Zhang, M.D., Ph.D. - "Sperm-Associated Antigen 6 in Ovarian Cancer"